Due the COVID-19 outbreak libraries and schools in Alabama have closed and users may find it difficult to obtain an AVL account. If a user is unable to access AVL resources via geo-location or their device's physical location and needs an AVL account, they can call the AVL Help Desk at 1-800-338-8320 or 256-971-7487 and receive temporary login credentials. We do not send out temporary credentials via e-mail.
To issue AVL accounts, please follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.avl.lib.al.us and click on the Login Authenticated icon in the top right of the webpage.
- Click on Switch User and log in with your AVL administrator credentials.
- Fill out the AVL Account request form and click on the Review Submission button.
- Review the information that was entered in the form and (if it is correct) click the Submit button.
- Give the user temporary credentials to use until their AVL account has been activated..
- Once the user's account has been activated, the user will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to set their password. This should occur within one week of the account request submission.
Please note that passwords are case sensitive.
AVL accounts will expire 5 years from the issuance date.