Some users may not be able to geo-authenticate with AVL through their Internet service. These users will need to use an AVL account in order to access AVL resources. AVL accounts are issued by public libraries or by school libraries if the user is a student. AVL accounts are not issued by the Alabama Virtual Library or the AVL Help Desk.
To issue and AVL accounts, please follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.avl.lib.al.us and click on the Login Authenticated icon in the top right of the webpage.
- Click on Switch User and log in with your AVL administrator credentials.
- Fill out the AVL Account request form and click on the Review Submission button.
- Review the information that was entered in the form and (if it is correct) click the Submit button.
- Give the user temporary credentials to use until their AVL account has been activated..
- Once the user's account has been activated, the user will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to set their password. This should occur within one week of the account request submission.
Please note that passwords are case sensitive.
AVL accounts will expire 5 years from the issuance date.