This page archives promotional materials dating back to the earliest days of the AVL.
The AVL is a reality today because of the incredible grassroots efforts by Alabama citizens. Town hall meetings were held in communities throughout the state both to assess needs and to promote the concept of a virtual library for all. This page archives some of the materials used in the grassroots effort.
- State Board of Education Resolution (Released on March 25, 1999)
- Press Release: AVL Funded by Legislature (Released in 1999)
- What is a Virtual Library?
- Organizations Contributing to the Grassroots Effort
- AVL K-12 Overview (Released December 1, 1999)
- AVL Overview (Released in 1999)
- Arab High School sample letter to parents. Contributed by Sue Kennedy, Media Coordinator
- Madison City Schools sample letter to parents. Contributed by Kathy Rains, Technology Coordinator