Welcome to the AVL
Learn more about the Alabama Virtual Library here.
- Career Library will be unavailable on Saturday, August 9, from 6 AM - 6 PM.
Britannica E-Books – unlimited access to E-Books covering topics such as Biographies, Geography, Government, History, Literature, Philosophy, Religion, Culture, & Tradition, Science & Math, and Sports. To download an informational flyer, click here. Be sure to read the INSTRUCTIONS for downloading MARC records.
Gale Virtual Reference Library – additional titles have been added to Drama for Students and Novels for Students as well as several business titles. MARC Records.
Oxford Digital Reference Shelf (via Oxford Reference) – offers full-text access to 20 titles in Art, Culture, and History. And, Oxford Scholarship Online – offers full-text access to 89 academic monographs in Business & Management, Mathematics, Public Health & Epidemiology, and Social Work(title list, MARC Records)
How to Access E-Books
Click "E-Books" on the left sidebar from "Student Resources" or "Adult Resources"
Click "E-Books" from the top menu to see complete list
Recorded Webinars and Conference Presentations
2014 Alabama Library Association Conference
- Black History Month Resources
- Elementary - Britannica School & E-Books on AVL
- Middle / High School - College & Career Readiness Standards
- Middle / High School STEM Resources
- Middle / High School Social Studies Resources
- Elementary School Resources (download, stream)
- Middle School Resources (download, stream)
- High School Resources (download, stream)
- History Reference Center & Points of View Reference Center (download, stream)
- Best of MasterFile and EBSCOhost for Public Libraries (download, stream)
- EBSCOhost Advanced Features (download, stream)
For additional AVL Online Webinars, click "Training" on the top menu.
Your location is inside the state of
Alabama so you are automatically
logged in to use the AVL
You are not IP authenticated. Please login
using your AVL Card username and password.
If you do not have an AVL Card, please request
one at your local public library or your local
public school library if you are a student.
AVL username and password.
You are located on the campus of an
Alabama public school or library so
you are automatically logged in
to use the AVL.
Connect with AVL