Welcome to the AVL
Learn more about the Alabama Virtual Library here.
- Easily find the Lexile level of any Elementary or Middle school article on Britannica School! The Lexile measure can be found by clicking the Teacher tab in each article. A Lexile measure is a valuable piece of information about either an individual's reading ability or the difficulty of a text.
E-Books - NOW AVAILABLE!
Britannica E-Books – unlimited access to 360 E-Books for ages 4 to adult, covering topics such as Biographies, Geography, Government, History, Literature, Philosophy, Religion, Culture, & Tradition, Science & Math, and Sports. To download an informational flyer, click here. Be sure to read the INSTRUCTIONS for downloading MARC records.
Gale Virtual Reference Library – additional titles have been added to Drama for Students and Novels for Students as well as several business titles. MARC Records.
How to Access E-Books
Click "E-Books" on the left sidebar from "Student Resources" or "Adult Resources"
Click "E-Books" from the top menu to see complete list
SPECIAL WEBINAR EVENT!
The Holiday Lowdown
This fun-filled webinar gives you the lowdown on the December traditions, recipes, crafts and activities that friends, family and patrons want to know about most. Using History in Context, PowerSearch, and Kids InfoBits, we’ll look at researching the origins and meanings of Christmas, Kwanzaa and Chanukah; collecting great holiday recipes, identifying books for every age, sharing decorating and craft ideas; and more. You’ll also see how to share all the information we find with your patrons and your friends. (December 3, 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm, December 12, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm)
View Recorded AVL Webinars
- Elementary - Britannica School & E-Books on AVL
- Middle / High School - College & Career Readiness Standards
- Middle / High School STEM Resources
- Middle / High School Social Studies Resources
For additional AVL Online Webinars,
click "Training" on the top menu.
Your location is inside the state of
Alabama so you are automatically
logged in to use the AVL
You are not IP authenticated. Please login
using your AVL Card username and password.
If you do not have an AVL Card, please request
one at your local public library or your local
public school library if you are a student.
AVL username and password.
You are located on the campus of an
Alabama public school or library so
you are automatically logged in
to use the AVL.
Connect with AVL