Jump to navigation
How to issue AVL accounts at Public Schools.
- Go to https://www.avl.lib.al.us and click on the Login Authenticated icon in the top right corner of the webpage.
- If you are automatically logged in via Geo or Campus IP, please click on Switch User and then log in with your public school's AVL administrator credentials.
- If you are not automatically logged in, you will see the Login icon in the top right of the webpage. Click on the icon and log in using your school's AVL administrator credentials.
- On the Create AVL Account form, enter the student’s first name, last name, and e-mail address. Note: An e-mail address is required to create an AVL account. Next, select the student's school from the School dropdown.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Review Submission button. This will take you to the Account Review screen.
- Review the information that you entered and if it is correct click on the Submit Account Request button. If the information is not correct, click on the Previous button to go back to the Create AVL Account screen and make the necessary changes.
- Once the request has been submitted, you will be taken to a Registration Complete screen and you will see temporary login credentials. The student will not be able to use their AVL account credentials until their account has been activated by an AVL administrator. However, they can log in with the temporary login credentials. Once the student's AVL account has been activated, they will no longer be able to log in with the temporary login credentials.
- Once the student’s account has been activated, they will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to set their password. Once the student has set their password, they can log into their account.
- Students that were issued an AVL account under the old AVL website will need to use their existing AVL credentials to log in. Students that are issued an AVL account on the new website will need to use their e-mail address and password for their login credentials. Students will need to remember the e-mail address that was used to create their account, if they ever need to use the Request New Password feature on the AVL website.