AVL Vendor-Provided Training Resources
AVL Training - Home
General AVL Resource Guide
Click here to view a chart that summarizes AVL's offerings. (provided by UAB's Mervyn H. Sterne Library)
Vendor Provided AVL Training Materials
Vendor training materials (see left menu) are provided for your assistance. PDF files may be downloaded with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Upcoming Vendor-Provided Training
Cengage Gale - Get the most out of your AVL products by taking a FREE training Webinar today! NOTE: All times are Central Time. Just click date/time to register.
- Gale PowerSearch - Learn tips for optimizing cross-searching to produce more efficient and satisfying searches. (May 20, 9:00 am - 10:00 am)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - Learn how to conduct basic and advanced searches, how to use the document toolbox, and how this easy-to-use tool can help users get the most out of eBooks. (May 16, 9:00 am - 10:00 am)
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context - Learn to navigate this engaging resource that provides the facts on current event topics, as well as proponents' and detractors' arguments. (May 23, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm)
EBSCO - Each session runs approximately 60 minutes with Q/A. NOTE: All times are Central Time. Just click date/time to register.
- Homework Help K-6 with Resources for Educators -- Monday, May 20 3:00 PM - EBSCO student interfaces for kindergarten through grade 6 are helpful resources for use in the library and from home! This workshop will demonstrate the features of the Searchasaurus and Kids Search interfaceswith curriculum integration. Also included are materials for teachers in the Professional Development Collection. Each session includes free resources from the EBSCO Customer Support Site including scavenger hunts, best practices and tutorials. Questions will be welcomed throughout the session!
- Homework Help 7-12 with Resources for Educators – Tuesday, May 21 3:00 PM - EBSCO student interfaces for grades 7-12 are helpful resources for use in the library and from home! This workshop will demonstrate the features of Student Research Center with curriculum integration. Also included are materials for teachers in the Professional Development Collection. Each session includes free resources from the EBSCO Customer Support Site including scavenger hunts, best practices and tutorials. Questions will be welcomed throughout the session!
- Best of MasterFile and EBSCOhost for Public Library Reference Work – Wednesday, June 5 10:00 AM - MasterFile Premier in the EBSCOhost interface is designed specifically for public libraries reference work. This database contains full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals, 500+ reference books, a huge image collection, and much more. Questions will be welcomed throughout the session. A brief look at the EBSCO Support Site (http://support.ebsco.com) will also be presented to show tutorials, marketing tools, trainer guides, and much more!
- EBSCOhost Advanced Features – Thursday, June 20 10:00 AM - This workshop emphasizes searching in EBSCOhost and demonstrating the features and functionality of the EBSCOhost interface, including how to set up personal folders and custom folders, journal and subject alerts, search history, note-taking and citation features.
- History Reference Center and Points of View Reference Center – Tuesday, July 9 2:00 PM - History Reference Center explores U.S. and World history in an intuitive and user-friendly interface. HRC offers video along with full-text magazines and reference books, primary source documents, images, and much more. Points of View Reference Center provides users with a complete perspective from both sides of the political aisle and guides students in developing debate positions, writing persuasive essays, developing analytical thinking skills and understanding today’s controversial issues in many disciplines at the secondary and community college levels.
Register to be an AVL Trainer
Special Training Resources
(NOTE: You must first be authenticated for AVL before you can access the links in these documents.)
AVL Trainer Resources
Your location is inside the state of
Alabama so you are automatically
logged in to use the AVL
You are not IP authenticated. Please login
using your AVL Card username and password.
If you do not have an AVL Card, please request
one at your local public library or your local
public school library if you are a student.
AVL username and password.
You are located on the campus of an
Alabama public school or library so
you are automatically logged in
to use the AVL.
Connect with AVL