Welcome to the AVL
Learn more about the Alabama Virtual Library here.
- Employment Resources are available until April 30, 2014, to assist those who have lost jobs. Employment Resources
- Lexile levels of any Elementary or Middle school article on Britannica School can be found by clicking the Teacher tab in each article.
Gulf Oil Spill Resources
Easy access to more information on geography, animal life, the environment, the oil industry, the Gulf Oil Spill of 2010, and a special Kids section.
- Go to Britannica Online
- Click Workspace button (at top of page)
- Click See a Shared Workspace tab
- Type in Workspace name: Gulf Oil Spill 2010
- Browse topics, articles, photos, and websites, using the categories menu
Health Risks / Health Effects
General Information / News
Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill 2010
Search ProQuest Resources:
- ABI / INFORM Trade & Industry
- ProQuest Psychology Journals
SIRS Issues Researcher
- That’s Debatable – this month’s question relates to the controversy surrounding drilling for oil. It contains links to a results list related to “Offshore Oil well drilling” as well as poll results.
- Top 10 - #1 issue is Oil Well Drilling. Links to Leading Issue pro/con feature of this issue.
- Today’s News – Streaming video of current news videos, articles w/ images updated every few minutes, includes coverage of oil spill as news unfolds.
Report Oil Spill Problems: 866-448-5816
Governor's Office of Workforce Development
Governor's website for updates on the Oil Spill
Deep Water Horizon Response
- Environmental Hotline / Community Information 866-448-5816
- Assistance Hotline/Boom Reports
- Vessels of Opportunity (boats)
866-279-7983 or 877-847-7470
- Wildlife Distress Hotline
- PEC Hotline (Specialty Volunteer Training) 866-647-2338
- Claims Hotline 800-440-0858
- Medical Support / Poison Control Center 800-222-1222
Hours: 7 AM - 7 PM
13290 N. Wintzell Ave.
Bayou La Batre, AL
1506 N. McKenzie
Alabama Gulf Response
Gulf of Mexico Response
Disaster Preparedness and Service Continuity Plan
Gulf Oil Spill Information Center