About the AVL
All about the Alabama Virtual Library
- Artemis Literary Sources is now Gale Literary Sources
- AVL Database Update for 2016-17
About the AVL - Contact Us
The AVL helpdesk can be reached Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. by calling 256-971-7487 or 1-800-276-0370. Voice-mail is available for reporting after-hours problems. You may send e-mail questions and comments to us at email@example.com. The AVL helpdesk is coordinated by the Alabama Supercomputer Authority, a technology and Internet partner for Alabama's education community.
The AVL project is managed by a governing council with representatives from the Alabama Department of Education, the Alabama College System, the Alabama Council on Higher Education, the Alabama Public Library Service and the Alabama Supercomputer Authority. If you have questions about your eligibility to access AVL resources, please contact the following:
- Public Libraries
Alabama Public Library Service, 334-213-3900 or
- NAAL Colleges and Universities
- Alabama Commission on Higher Education NAAL Office, 334-242-2211
- Two Year Colleges
- Alabama Community College System , 334-242-2900
- K-12 Schools & Libraries
- Alabama State Department of Education, 334-242-9594
- Alabama Supercomputer Authority
- Alabama Supercomputer Authority, 256-971-7404
Your location is inside the state of
Alabama so you are automatically
logged in to use the AVL
You are not IP authenticated. Please login
using your AVL Card username and password.
If you do not have an AVL Card, please request
one at your local public library or your local
public school library if you are a student.
AVL username and password.
You are located on the campus of an
Alabama public school or library so
you are automatically logged in
to use the AVL.
Connect with AVL